Sunday, November 15, 2009

Top Reason Why Getting An Auto Insurance is a Necessity

Yes, you need car insurance. I do not need to tell you that you are breaking the law without it.
If you are asking this question chances are you feel you cannot afford insurance. I am here to tell you YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE.

I was recently in an auto accident where a person driving an SUV with over-sized wheel/tires slammed into our van while I was stopped for four children crossing the street at a crosswalk in front of my daughter's school.

I did not have insurance. As a result, though I suffered injuries, I have no claim to pain and suffering, which would have been a good amount of money. Plus, I got a letter in the mail the other day telling me I have until March 10 to show up to court with $350 bail for not being insured.

This accident has cost me a lot of money all because I had no insurance. Even though I did not caused the accident, I was the scapegoat for not having insurance.

So, buy insurance. There is no excuse not to, not even poverty.

There are many places on line to buy insurance. It was much easier than I thought, and I feel extremely stupid for believing in whatever excuse I had not to buy insurance.

I have insurance now and will for the rest of my driving years.

Just bite the bullet, you will be better off in the long run.

*update: I went to court... I get to pay a small service fee and serve 45hrs in community service or opt to pay $380...